The DLA-RS4100 D-ILA projector is the world first home theater model to feature 8K/60p/4K120p input. It is equipped with a new 8K/e-shiftX proprietary technology with 4-direction shift to reproduce 8K-quality image from 4K signals. 4K120p input also makes the projector ideal for gaming when combined with Low Latency mode. The projector is driven by three 0.69-inch native 4K D-ILA devices, high-quality 18-element, 16-group 100 mm glass lens with a full aluminum lens barrel, and Ultra-High Contrast Optics that contribute to deliver optical brightness of 3,000 lumens. BLU-Escent laser diode light source also contributes to project the high-resolution 8K image with full depth and dimensionality with longevity of up to 20,000 hours. Compatible with the latest HDR10+, the projector boasts industry leading HDR performance. 8K, Laser, and HDR are the keywords that describe JVCs projector models and DLA-RS4100 is the high-end model.
World’s first home projector capable of inputting 8K60p/4K120p signals
These projectors adopt LSI's developed with the latest technology to process the vast amount of 8K input data, and an up converter to bring any source up to high definition 8K resolution. As a result, more beautiful and realistic video images full of contrast and reality can be enjoyed regardless of the source, from video streaming to 4K UHD-BD videos.
Essential all-glass lens to depict all the data in the 8K image
The high-end DLA-RS4100 is equipped with an 18-element, 16-group all-glass lens featuring a full aluminium lens barrel*1. To project highresolution 8K images to every corner of the screen, the projector incorporates five ED lenses calibrated for differences in the R/G/B refractive index to reduce chromatic aberration and colour fringing when lens shift kicks in to deliver precise reproduction of 4K- or 8K-resolution*2 projection
HDR10+ Support allows a choice for two dynamic tone mappings
When it comes to reproducing the rich video information of HDR content including the extended brightness range, BT.2020 wide colour gamut and 10-bit gradation, rely on one of the new D-ILA projectors. New models support all HDR formats including HDR10 for Blu-ray and streaming, HLG for broadcasting, and the latest HDR10+ signal format with dynamic metadata compatibility.
JVC projectors are compatible with the two dynamic tone mappings of HDR10+ and Frame Adapt HDR. HDR10+ contains the metadata of the producer's intentions for each scene, Frame Adapt HDR instantly analyses the peak brightness in HDR10 content using an original algorithm. Ensuring you can watch any HDR content in optimal picture quality.
Ultra-High Contrast Optics with 4K D-ILA device
High-resolution image projection is reliant on the device and the optical system. The refined 0.69-inch 4K D-ILA device has doubled the speed required, to display images from 120 Hz to 240 Hz-equivalent. The new Ultra-High Contrast Optics featured on the DLA-RS4100 and RS3100 contribute to achieve optical brightness as high as 3,000 lumens*, and the new optics has dramatically improved the image quality by thoroughly suppressing the return of unnecessary light to the projection screen.
Reliability-proved BLU-Escent Laser Diode for exceptional brightness and longevity
The light source for these projectors is the latest blue laser diode BLU-Escent, which is featured in JVC projectors. BLUEscent technology has been adopted for home theatre projectors to achieve exceptional brightness and longevity of 20,000 hours*. Laser diode allows dynamic control of brightness to reproduce images that are closer to human perception. Combining the latest BLU-Escent package with the D-ILA device achieves detailed, smooth, powerful video expression.
4K120p input ideal for Low Latency Mode
Because these projectors are equipped with 4K120p input, signal latency is infinitesimal, making it effective when displaying high frame-rate gaming content on large screens. What’s more, Low Latency Mode reduces delay in displaying PC signals and games, and improves response to the users’ rapid operations.
Newly developed 8K/e-shiftX technology to achieve 8K resolution
Significant progress has been made to our proprietary 8K/e-shift technology – which combines “e-shift” high-resolution display technology, that doubles the resolution by shifting a pixel by 0.5 pixels, and 0.69-inch native 4K D-ILA device. Shift direction has increased from the conventional two diagonal directions to four directions of up, down, left, and right, to enable display of 8K signal information in its entirety.
The result is an 8K resolution, enhancing the sense of three-dimensionality and immersion.
- World first projector to support high-resolution 8K signal input: 8K60p/4K120p
- Light source: BLU-Escent laser
- Display resolution: 8192 x 4320 (with 8K/e-shiftX)
- Input connectors: HDMI x 2 (48 Gbps/HDCP 2.3)
- Output and control connectors: RS-232C (D-sub 9pin) x 1, LAN (RJ-45) x 1, Trigger x 1 (Mini jack), 3D Sync x 1 (Mini-DIN 3pin)
- 3D formats: Frame Packing, Side-by-Side (Half), and Top & Bottom
- JVC proprietary 8K/e-shiftX technology with 4-direction shift reproduces 8K-quality image
- 0.69-inch 4K D-ILA (4096 x 2160) device x 3
- 18-element, 16-group all-glass 100mm diameter high-quality lens
- Ultra-High Contrast Optics with BLU-Escent laser light source contributes for optical brightness of 3,000 lumens and longevity of 20,000 hours
- Multiple Pixel Control image processor accurately reproduces images closer to the original
- Infinity:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio; 100,000:1 Native Contrast Ratio
- Cinema Filter (DCI-P3) creates saturated, beautiful images that come to life
- Compatible with the two dynamic tone mappings of HDR10+ content and Frame Adapt HDR with Theatre Optimizer*; together, the projector expresses HDR/HDR10+ content at optimum brightness and darkness in each scene as the creator intended.
- The projector automatically reproduces HDR10+ content based on the metadata of the producers intentions for each scene.
- Frame Adapt HDR with Theatre Optimizer performs tone mapping according to the input signal of the content, as well as the installation environment and/or usage conditions of the projector.
- Installation Mode with 10 memories is ideal for applications such as ultra-wide screen, where multiple aspect ratios are needed. Focus, Zoom, Shift, Pixel Adjust, Anamorphic Scaling and more can be saved independently for each memory.
- Compensation accuracy of Clear Motion Drive improved in the periphery of objects. Added with Motion Enhance technology, the projector can reproduce much smoother moving 4K images (function disabled when inputting 4K120p signals).
- Low Latency Mode suppresses display delay for faster response when receiving signals from PC and game consoles
- Color Management System with 6-axis Matrix
- Auto-Calibration Function using an optical sensor** is capable of optimizing essential elements in the image, including color balance, gamma characteristics, color space and color tracking
- ISF C3 (Certified Calibration Controls) mode*** to reproduce excellent picture quality optimized for specific environments.
- Wireless transmission options for 3D viewing: RF (radio frequency) system transmission with PK-AG3 3D Glasses for 100H continuous operation and PK-EM2 3D Synchro Emitter
|0.69-inch Native 4K D-ILA Device (40962160) x3
|8192 x 4320
|x2 Motorized Zoom & Focus, All-glass Lens
|Vertical/Horizontal (motorized, in 16:9 aspect ratio)
|+/-100% / +/-43%
|DCI-P3 Color Gamut (Full coverage)
|2 (48Gbps, HDCP2.3, no support for CEC)
|1 (Mini Jack, DC12V/100mA)
|Output terminals (back panel)
|1 (Dsub 9pin)
|1 (USB Type A, for firmware update)
|24dB (When the Low Mode)
|AC100-240 V, 50/60 Hz
|Dimensions: W x H x D, mm
|500 x 234 x 528 (incl. feet)
|Dimensions: W x H x D, inches
|19-11/16 x 9-7/32 x 20-13/16 (incl. feet)